Saturday, August 3, 2013

Festival going... By myself

In Chicago, staying with a friend in Lincoln Park, thinking how I'm kinda exhausted already - 2 more days to go!

I am in town for work, as well as Lollapalooza. I spent many years steering away from festival because someone I loved dearly wasn't into them. But you know, as much as festivals can be a pain in the butt- they can be a fun music sampler!

Here are a few happy snaps..
Yep, didn't get in on day 1 till 6:30p! 

I bee-lined to New Order...

Then it's time for people watching before the last acts come on. Here is a typical example: American Apparel mannequins on the loose, with a guy who thought socks under Tevas on a muddy field is a good idea. 

Yes, it does say Lobster Corndog. The lobster sounds so tortured. I was tortured- the queue didn't move forever. 

Plan B: burgers. It wasn't good. And the guy in front of me was ordering for 6!

Really strong last acts of the day- choices! The Killers, NiN, Steve Aoki and Lana del Rey. 

I stayed with the Killers for maybe 1/4 of the set...


before heading to Perry's stage for Aoki and danced my ass off. 

Grateful for everything I got up to, and had the confidence to do it by myself!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment