Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pizza and wine... and possibly beer... Way up high

Some of the best times I've spent in NYC is courtesy of strangers. Tonight I met with a friend of friend who was willing to walk the Highline with me, complete with wine and pizza. 

The Highline is a repurposed elevated rail line. It's essentially parkland, eateries and lots of places to hang out. 

I had wanted to come around sunset but had a lot to do - didn't make it till 9:30p. It's a different perspective than day time;
http://lindsayrgwatt.com/blog/2009/06/they-did-it/img_8781/

Memorable highlight: woman sitting near us had roaches attack the banana she rested on the bench. Reminded me that we are ultimately in an urban area!

And here is the pizza we had from Artichoke, which my workmates rave about


Grateful for generous strangers and beautiful night out! After 16 hours in the office, I needed the night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment