Thursday, July 4, 2013

Secret 4th of July fireworks

I was coming home from a 4th July BBQ and ran across this pretty cool sight...






At this very moment (4th July, 2253 hours), there are secret fireworks going off everywhere within two block radius of my new pad. Not on my actual street though.

As cool as this is, it is scary as hell. It sounds like bombs going off backed by people cheering. It's been like this for nights... but fairly sure tonight's fuse lighter have been on a slow beer/ liquor simmer all day. Safety? What safety?  

You're one clever cookie to think 'secret' and 'fireworks' are contradictory. It is secret - to me - because I've never known the launch site of these displays. Long time admirer (old place was in the same neighbourhood), first time participant.

I'm grateful for...
- Even on the clearest of the nights, you'll see these fireworks far better than the official display on the Bay

- My immediate neighbors are not storing s*&t that blows up in their homes. I hope!

- This community can enjoy an impromptu street party without doing harm to each other


Oh and one other cool thing I tasted today - a beautifully smoky scotch from Scotland (balanced by a dose of insult)


Happy 4th, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment