Sunday, July 7, 2013

sass'ed up pole'ing

I pole dance.

For real. Now stop giggling :)

My main studio teaches an acrobatic style - so think about Cirque du Soleil in yoga gear, not shaking for dollar bills.  Yet many of my friends pole at studios focus more on sass and attitude, and I've always wondered what it'll be like.

Heavens, I haven't even once pole'ed in 7in heels and lingerie... Till today.



Today I put some back into my crawl, spin, invert and climb. Some of the moves I still struggle with (nice shoulder roll, for example), but proud to have given it a try AND gotten up to go to class after last night's bender!

I am grateful for;
- My instructor friend deciding to host a series of 'Bringing Sexy Back' workshops

- Showing up in lingerie... and wasn't the only crazy one who did (it was a small, women's only class)

- Learning how to tweak up acrobatic moves to add sass, even something as 'simple' as crawling. Seriously, a sexy crawl is hard to do! It's not unlike rock climbing... very deliberate placement of legs and hands (and then add some booty)

- Working hard in class today. My lower abs and shoulder are very tense right now

- A girl in class has the same size feet as me, and bought two pairs of stripper heels. I got to borrow one pair... thank you, Kat!

- Having been exercising and eating fairly well lately! Here's the unofficial boudoir photo...



No comments:

Post a Comment