Friday, July 5, 2013

Bouldering (a bit better than before!)

I bouldered a couple of v1 routes today.

This is pretty damn cool since I've been at this rock climbing business for only 5 weeks! Achievement unlocked!

Bouldering is scrambling over, under and up rocks without a rope or harness... like this very fine looking young man;


Just to be clear, this fella is doing something much more challenging than v1's. My work today is baby in comparison (upper-beginner, if you will).

Why I'm grateful;
- I got some full body exercise in. Much needed after how much I ate and drank on 4th of July!

- I am scared shitless of heights. Bouldering (along with Top Roping and Pole Dancing) is helping me overcome. I can now jump onto mats from 3m up... but most often, I get a little lower before jumping

- Speaking of getting lower, I get down climb practices when bouldering. Lesser so when I TR

- Bouldering is something that requires 100% concentration

- The guys who boulder (and climb) are generally fine looking daredevils. Stereotypical comment as it may be - look at that physique! You just can't get on that damn rock unless you're fit!


And now I'm going to spend some quality time with my foam roller... upper back tension. Agh!

No comments:

Post a Comment