Wednesday, July 3, 2013

making FroYo paddle pops (popsicle)

I have not made paddle pops (Aussie speak for Popsicles) for years.

Given San Francisco's current mini 'heatwave' - yep, I call heatwave at 25C - and there is Greek yoghurt that needs to be eaten before I go on the road next week, FroYo pops is indeed the cool s*&t I made today!



I am grateful for homemade FroYo Pops because...

- I am a lactose intolerant frozen treat junkie (read: ice cream and froyo)

- Adopted my own approach from a few different recipes (this healthy one, and this other one). For the record, mine are mango bottom, strawberry top sweetened slightly with agave + vanilla

- Of my ability to improv for the lack of molds (not strictly true - I have some from a dollar store that holds a lame 2 tbsp of liquid. Much more fun doing this McGuyver style)

- I now know where to buy paddle pop sticks (seriously, I live in a child-less area hence such simple art & craft/ bake tool are hard to find)

- And know the size of paper cups that match the size of the sticks (aka jumbo. 9 oz cups, if you must know)

- They were relatively cheap to make. There is a lemon tree in my backyard, and a gazillion strawberries I processed and froze when they were in season

- Used this as an opportunity to clean my freezer


No comments:

Post a Comment