Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Food p*rn! Montreal edition


Because a liege waffle w/ banana in red light MUST qualify for food p*rn. 

I took in some great food and drinks in Montreal and as opposed to spreading my gratitude for French Canadian cuisine across a million posts - here is my one and only.  


Stating with food- I love the French Canadian's play on contrasts.

First up: sweet and savory play: baked Brie with Maple Syrup. Paired with a smoky beer

The before-
After-


Next- more waffles! This time brunch at a little local place at Plateau Mt Royale

Sweet and savory again, but textual also with soft, crunch, creamy, firm...

Even the presentation is pretty!

Next the beers- it's the first microbrew tour I've been on where you get 6 almost full size beers in 3 hours;

1) Heffaweizen 
Great summer's day starter

2) Czech Pilsner
Like this even better. Less fruity

3) smoky Brown Ale
With the Brie & Maple. Ok pairing

4) Coffee stout 
as a dark beer lover, I was a bit disappointed with this one. Didn't have a particularly good nose

5) Saison
Love the zing


6) IPA
It ain't Sierra Navada so I didn't photograph. Also it was my 6th beer, coordination was going!

And that is all!

One thing to note- I went to Schwartz. It's ok. But I didn't have a chance to get Poutin. Next time!

Waistline isn't so grateful about this gluttony... But spiritually I am feeling very blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment