Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Eat Indian Street food... On a street

Kasa in San Francisco has made Kati rolls household favorites. As such, I have always eaten Kati Rolls in restaurant like settings, and only in the fancy version they serve. 

Not tonight. 

I arrived in NYC late this evening. At 11p, I went for a dinner walk and came across this...


If you're an Indian food fan, you'll notice I just described buying a non rice dish from a rice cart (Briyani Cart). I'm not for convention, so there!

The man up sold me - or thought I was really hungry. One serving was more than plenty;


(Two chicken Kati and a falafel. The rolls were fabulous but falafel sucked, for the record)

I'm grateful NYC is full of yummy interesting street food, and that its 85F so the streets are full of people - great for walking. 

Now if only I can sleep through these road works. Heavens every hotel I stay in seem to have construction outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment